Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter: Day 31

Today we had another family day. We enjoyed a lot of snuggling in bed and then had a late yummy breakfast.  I made the simplest homemade biscuits that tasted great!  Click here 'biscuit recipe' if you want to try them.  We also had turkey bacon...since it was a holiday I decided to ignore the fact that I recently read an article that said processed foods have a correlation to cancer.  We love bacon, so I think  we will reserve it for holidays only. It was nice outside with little wind, so we went for a family hike and brought along our morning coffee.
Breakfast:  Scrambled eggs,  3 biscuits, 4 pieces of turkey bacon, and an orange juice and coffee
We skipped lunch but I did munch on some chocolate easter candy, I kept going back to the bag...so lets say 2 large handfuls! I also had another rice crispy treat.

I decided to go with a simple Easter dinner.  We don't have family near us so for most of the holidays except for Thanksgiving (which we spend with great friends) it's just us.  So I cooked a pork tenderloin.  I had just grabbed a seasoned one at Wal-mart, turns out that I grabbed the peppercorn and garlic one....and boy was it peppery.  It was way too spicy for all of us.  We mixed it in with the potatoes to help with the spice.  But never again will I buy that one.
Dinner:  Mashed potatoes, brussel sprouts, and peppery pork tenderloin.
Dessert:  5 peeps







No comments:

Post a Comment