Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Spring: Day 20

I'm pretty sure snow is going to be on the ground for a while here but the sun did peek out today, it was nice to get some vitamin D!  I had the yummiest breakfast today with my 1 year old, who has now decided he is an eater and is eating half of my food now...so subtract about 8 bites from everything you see in the pics from now on...except for the sweets of course.  Breakfast:  Egg and cheese on Ciabatta bread with some ketchup and of course sweet and light coffee.

I was pretty full from my breakfast even though I did do a 30 minute walk wearing my toddler afterwards.  I ended up eating what my son didn't eat of his lunch.
Lunch:  Chinese food leftovers.  There wasn't a ton in the bowl but I got pretty full.  It must be all of the msg in it!
Snacks/Dessert:  I had a banana, a piece of swiss cheese, and yes 2 cupcakes (one after lunch and one after dinner...they should be gone by tomorrow!)

Dinner was yummy too!  I made quesadillas and had a salad.  I've started adding soy sauce to my beans and a little maple syrup along with a table spoon of chili powder and a cumin (I would double that if kids weren't eating it).  I also add garlic powder and salt.  I like the hint of spice/sweet.
Dinner:  Black bean quesadilla with cheese, sour cream, and guac.  A spring mix salad tossed with light ranch.  I also a handful and half of whole wheat tortilla scoop chips and a bit of salsa.  Water with lime.

I'm starting to plan out my menu for next week, if you have a favorite quick recipe please post it!  If you get this through email click here "Am I Full Yet" to leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment