Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Fat Tuesday (literally): Day 5

My morning started off with a preschooler with an attitude and ended about the same way.  I think there is a correlation to that and the smorgasbord of fatty foods I ate today!  On Tuesdays I usually end up eating breakfast out. It's easier that way for scheduling around kid stuff. I often go to a coffee shop that has the world's best chocolate chip scones. I really have to discipline myself in getting just one breakfast here. I try to veer from the scone and go for protein. I always have good intentions of ordering something healthy. I actually play the scenario out in my head how I WILL order a wheat toast egg sandwich.  But by the time I made it from the car to the counter, I more often than not order a a bagel sandwich instead!

Breakfast:  Whole caff coffee with cream and sugar, an everything bagel with egg, cheese, & bacon. 




After going on yesterday about how I mainly stick to water.  I of course stopped and got a Dr. Pepper today. I can't think of the last time I did this.  But it tasted delicious, something about it being cold outside like 38 degrees and really warm in the car from the sun is what really made me pull into the drive through.  
Lunch:  A Dr.Pepper, spicy chick pea snack, a handful of wheat thins, some blueberries (not in pic), and a whole wheat tortilla with peanut butter  on it (only half is in the pic).   

I usually make my own pizza from scratch.  But my 1 year old who won't eat much of anything really loves the Newman's Thin Crust 4 Cheese & Spinach Pizza.  So I have been getting it more than I should.  I always spruce it up with a few of my own things.  We Vick's love kalamata olives we always have a stash in the fridge so these are on all of our pizzas...they are salty good!

Dinner:  Spinach salad & cucumbers tossed with light Ranch dressing.  Newman's 4 cheese pizza with spinach, extra cheese added, kalamata olives, and chicken from the whole chicken I cooked on Saturday. (I ate 4 pieces not 2!)

         
Dessert:  Fat free chocolate pudding with whip cream and 3 finger fulls of cake frosting (no joke!)

Let's just say that today wasn't the best food day.....but it could have been worse!  Is there anything that triggers you into ruining a healthy day of eating?  I would love to hear from you all.  If you get this through email you have to go to the actual site to write a comment.  Click here Am I Full Yet!







No comments:

Post a Comment