Friday, March 29, 2013

Family: Day 29

Oh hello doughnuts!  Even though my husband has some things to finish up before being completely done with his PhD; today we pretended that all was done.  We snuggled in bed as a family until the boys were going stir crazy.  The two of us stayed in bed reminiscing of when we didn't have kids and could read books and drink coffee in bed; mean while hearing our toddler in the kitchen unrolling the foil and wax paper and emptying out a box of zip lock baggies.  There's alway a price to pay if I stay in bed longer.  We decided to finally get up out of bed at 7:30am (yep that's sleeping in) and all go get doughnuts.  I hate to admit it but I ate 3!  
Breakfast: A chocolate glaze, blueberry, and coffee role, & iced coffee

We went to a near by zoo today and then to their town playground with the boys.  It got a little chilly so we had a picnic in the car.

Lunch: Whole wheat bread, turkey breast deli meat, and swiss cheese.  A handful of strawberries and grapes.

So my greatest Easter candy weakness are peeps.  I love peeps.  My husband thinks they are horrible.  That just means more for me.  I've held back but finally broke down and bought them yesterday at the store.  Holidays treats are the hardest for me to control.

Snacks:  3 handfuls of jelly beans and 5 peeps

We needed a quick dinner so I heated up the frozen pizza we had in the freezer.  I ate way too much of it!  Tomorrow is suppose to be beautiful and we hope to go on a hike, maybe I can work off some of today's food.  
Dinner:  Spring mix salad topped with light honey mustard dressing and 2 1/2 large pieces of pepperoni pizza.



No comments:

Post a Comment