Saturday, March 2, 2013

Pot Luck! : Day 2

I love weekends because weekends=brunch in my brain.  I love, love going to brunch and having my coffee refilled over and over again and eating food I didn't cook on dishes I don't have to wash.  Unfortunately it is not always the easiest or practical thing to do with two kiddos under 5 years old.  Today was one of those days so we stayed in and since we are low on groceries we all had a hodgepodge for our breakfast.  My breakfast: about 1/2 a cup vanilla yogurt with granola, scrambled eggs with cheese on top, and  2 cups of coffee sweet & light.



Lunch was pretty mismatch too!  I boiled a whole chicken in the morning that we will use throughout the week in meals along with the stock.  Lunch was a little of that chicken, a whole wheat tortilla with guacamole, and some salsa.  I also ate three spoonfuls of the boys mac & cheese.  I'm a sucker mac!
My oldest son was in his first school play today(so sweet) followed by a pot luck. Most of the families are huge garden growers/organic eaters, which is probably the best type of pot luck to be apart of. I started off really good, sticking to salads and what I brought, spinach chick pea salad and guacamole with chips. Then.... Lets just say the organic Mac & cheese started calling my name. I'm realizing that if I'm going to be honest on here... I'm going to have to have my camera handy at all times! Speaking of being honest, I totally ate one more Easter candy before bed... Totally thought I deserved it after finally following through on getting this blog started!

My stuff + beet salad, orzo salad. Oh yes and a bit of Mac!

Round 2- Mac & a meatball







Dessert!  Carrot cake and a cranberry chocolate cookie (I ate 2 cookies)

No comments:

Post a Comment