Sunday, March 24, 2013

Steak: Day 24

Another fun family day.  We did another Easter egg hunt, but this time at a horse farm, the boys loved it.  My phone wouldn't let me take any pictures because it was full.  So I didn't get a snap shot of the yummy blonde brownie I ate from the bake sale at the hunt.  Since Easter is sneaking up, treats are starting to sneak into my house and into my mouth!  I at about 8 pieces of various chocolates that came out of eggs.  What happen to putting stickers or fake tattoos in the eggs?  My kids don't need chocolate...I don't need it either!

My breakfast was a little disappointing...but the good side is my hubby let me sleep in....I'll take that over pancakes, well most days I would.
Breakfast: A bowl of Cheerios with a sprinkling of sugar and my coffee

The egg hunt was at 12:30 so we were all starving by the time all of the activities were over.  We needed to do some errands in a town close by and decided to treat ourselves to lunch there.  One of our favorite places to eat out these days is the Texas Road House.  Not because we are from Texas or that the food is the best ever, but because it's loud so it's no problem bringing the kids, it has animals on the walls that my toddler can point at and make sounds to (so I can eat), and the best reason...you can get a steak with two sides for $8 at the early bird special.  Yep, we are the early bird special people! I do love the food too.  For years I wasn't a big steak fan, sure I'd eat it, usually dipping every piece in ketchup.  It wasn't until I accidentally was given a rare steak that I realized my love for it.  For me now the bloodier the better!  It's amazing how much flavor gets cooked out of it. No need for ketchup.
Lunch:  A rare 6oz. steak, mashed potatoes, and fresh buttery veggies, and a cherry lime-aid

I was still full from lunch, so after putting the boys to bed I just heated up a bit of last nights leftovers.
Dinner:  One sour cream enchilada, toped with salsa, and a few whole wheat tortilla chips
Dessert:  A handful of chocolate chips




No comments:

Post a Comment