Sunday, March 17, 2013

St. Patty's: Day 17

We usually go to a pub on St. Patrick's day with the kids and enjoy whatever irish gig they have going on there, however today didn't work out the way we wanted...so I'm looking forward to green beer next year!  I did make yummy pancakes, my sons' were green and shaped like clovers (for some reason I didn't take a photo of theirs).  I try to make holiday breakfast special.  Our pancakes were topped with local maple syrup that my friend gave us; so delicious!  She has been busy these past couple of weeks sugaring.  My son goes to her house once a week for a few hours and he has gotten to help and also taste right from the tap (see pic).
Breakfast: 3 whole wheat pancakes topped with maple syrup and a glass of milk.

I had a really late lunch today around 2pm.  I was soooo hungry!  I unfortunately didn't wait a bit after my sandwich to know that I was full before I decided to gorge myself with a bowl of cereal.
Lunch:  A spice turkey deli sandwich on whole wheat bread with baby swiss cheese, light mayo and spring mix on top.
Snack: A small bowl of Heart to Heart cereal and a cookie

I had the opportunity to leave the house without kids for a couple of hours so I grabbed a coffee and a cookie. I should have just stuck with the coffee!  Since our day didn't quite turn out the way we wanted...I wasn't up for cooking so I opted for Chinese take-out. Glad to be starting a new week tomorrow with better food choices than this week!  It's suppose to be another cold week.  I am really ready for Spring to begin here so I can get outside and do some good'ol walking!
Dinner:  Sesame chicken (5 pieces in all) with an egg roll, white rice & chicken fried rice.









No comments:

Post a Comment