Monday, March 4, 2013

Chickpea Monday: Day 4

Today I started off with my usual two coffees, the second I nursed throughout the day.  I don't have the words to express how much I love coffee!  I realize I haven't mentioned what I drink with these meals and throughout the day. I stick to water mostly and flavored seltzer.  I'll have a Dr.Pepper if I'm having a really bad day or am sick and coffee sounds gross.


Breakfast:  I had a bowl of Cheerios.  I usually would put a big spoon full of sugar on top but since you guys are watching I decided against it.


 Second Breakfast:  I had a glass of strawberry kefir.  My midwife introduced me to this.  It is full of probiotics which are good for your     digestive and immune system.
Last night I soaked 2lbs of dried chickpeas.  The salad I had made for the pot luck made me crave them.  I cooked them early this morning.  I plan to use them in my lunches throughout the week, I also made a couple of batches of roasted spicy chickpea snacks.

Lunch: Spinach, chickpeas, and chicken from the the whole chicken I cooked on saturday.  I tossed it with a balsamic vinaigrette.


Snacks:  I had the remainder of a discarded apple from one of my sons and a handful of the chickpea snack.  I also treated myself to a chocolate at the bank.  My oldest son loves going to the bank, he gets all giddy and excited because he knows he'll get some treat; a lollipop, chocolate, a cookie.   I admit that I too love going to the bank for the same reason!



About a year ago I decided I wanted our family to eat more fish.  Since then I have tried to put it on our table at least once a week.  I always buy whatever fish is on sale and I always cook it the same way no matter what fish I buy.  It always turns out wonderful!  It so easy and delicious!  (Fish:  spray pam on 8X8 glass dish, place fish inside scales down, salt & pepper it and drizzle with olive oil, bake at 400 for 10-18 minutes and voila you have a fish dish!)

Dinner:  Salmon, veggie pasta with broccoli and a parmesan lemon sauce I threw together.  Along with water with strawberries in it.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment