Friday, March 15, 2013

Did Someone Say Doughnuts?: Day 15

I'm sleep deprived and exhausted!  My husband is working non-stop.  This will end soon,but until then I am holding down the fort with 2 kiddos; dressing, feeding, entertaining, bathing, and doing bedtime.   And you know me, I look to sweets and coffee to perk me up.  I started the morning off well with Wheatabix but the good old DD enticed me on the way to the grocery store.  I was out of coffee at home and there aren't drive throughs around here for coffee expect Dunkin...so of course I then have to treat myself to a doughnut.  I'm going to be honest...I totally ate a chocolate glaze doughnut also that didn't make it into the picture...I was going to keep it a secret...but that's the point of this blog right, to be honest.  Breakfast:  A bowl of Wheatabix, an iced coffee with 1 sugar and cream, a coffee doughnut and a chocolate glaze doughnut! Ugh!



To make up for the morning shame I had a huge salad for lunch.  I use to hate eating salads at home, I always thought they tasted better at restaurants.  I mentioned this to a friend and she said probably because they can toss it with the dressing better.  I think she was right and I think they also use a lot more dressing than I was.  So now I toss my salad in a huge mixing bowl with a good amount of dressing.  It's so much better that way!  I wish I would have done this sooner.  I know some of you are thinking, well more dressing means more calories and fat.  The way I see it is, I buy light dressing and so what if I put a ton on.  It's way better than me eating fried chicken.  If I like the salad I make today, I'm more likely to make it again soon; instead of fried chicken; this is my defense. Lunch:  Mixed spring salad, with roasted chicken, and kalamata olives covered in light honey mustard dressing.  (I think the salad looks little in the pic however, that is a dinner plate).

We gave-in tonight and got personal pizzas from the Italian restaurant across the street.  So glad I had the salad for lunch but wish I had done some hiking or walking....it was too cold today!  
Dinner: Arugula, sausage, mozzarella pizza. (I ate all but 2 pieces)

Dessert:  Too full!





No comments:

Post a Comment