Monday, March 11, 2013

Meatball Monday: Day 11

If you get this by email, click here 'Am I Full Yet' for a better format and to leave me a comment!
Last night I totally ate more after I posted!  I hand a few handfuls of my husbands butter popcorn and a cup of cinnamon chex cereal.  I stayed up way later than usual, time change is always tricky.  I have found the later I stay up the more I eat.  Growing up our nightly snack seemed to always be a bowl of cereal, my favorite then was Lucky Charms.  I haven't bought those in about 13 years but boy they sound good to me just typing the name. Cereal is dangerous and sneaking, if I go up in weight it is most likely because I've been having a nightly snack of it before bed.

This morning I had breakfast with a good friend and our two toddlers and then went for a walk around town.  It was a great way to start the day! Breakfast: Coffee sweet and yummy, a whole grain/seedy bread with egg and cheese.

I was feeling a little guilty about the big bread at breakfast so I had a small lunch.
Lunch:  Spinach topped with guacamole and tomatoes.
Snacks:  Strawberries, an orange, and 3 gram crackers (not in pic)

Dinner was very satisfying!  I love meatball subs.  They are super easy to make and so delicious.  My simple Meatball recipe:  Turkey meat, bread crumbs, an egg, mixed in a bowl with oregano, garlic powder, and salt and pepper. I roll them in small balls and broil for 5 minutes, turn them and take out them out in another 5 minutes.  I put them in our favorite spaghetti sauce and heat it up.  I usually toast bread with w butter/garlic mixture and put the meatballs on top and DONE! 
We had a big salad tonight.  My husband asked if the salad was about to go bad.  I said no, why?  He said because you gave us so much of it! I realized I was trying to make it bigger on my plate than the bread...trying to keep to the goal of less carb portions this week.  Ha...I guess I should just eat less carb instead of more of everything else!
Dinner:  Meatball sub, topped with cheese, and a salad topped with light honey mustard dressing.


No comments:

Post a Comment