Saturday, March 9, 2013

What was I Thinking?: Day 9

It's going to be another weekend without us going to brunch....ho hum.   My husband has a ton of work to do and we are trying to not spend so much on eating out.  I did make a yummy breakfast even something I would order at brunch if they didn't have fabulous pancakes.  I'm going to try to stick to one bagel a week next week.  Zero would probably be a better goal.  It's hard because they are sooooo good!

Breakfast: Coffee w/cream & sugar, a bagel sandwich with cheese and egg and a small glass of yummy OJ


Lunch was pretty uneventful but good.
Lunch:  White tortilla, with guacamole, spinach, and chickpeas, drizzled with a balsamic vinaigrette.  Also a wheat tortilla with guacamole (my toddler refused it...I couldn't just throw it away!)



I'm pretty sure my calorie count was pretty high with my breakfast and my dinner (you'll see!).  However I did go on two hikes today...so I think I walked off a few. Finally the sun came out.  I think I will be able to shed a few pounds in the next week if it stays nice out. When you are hiking a mile with a 24lb toddler in a carrier you work up a sweat.
Snacks:  3 handfuls of bunnies and a banana 


I'm reading 'Dinner a Love Story' by Jenny Rosenstrach. This woman has journaled every dinner she's eaten/cooked since 1998! It's my second book about food in a month.  They are kind of addictive! I really enjoy short stories about family and dinner accompanied with recipes.  So my dinner recipe, Breaded Chicken Cutlets, that I made tonight had a great story that went with it in her book; which I loved.  However for some reason in my brain I didn't realize I would be frying chicken....I'm not sure why I didn't but I didn't!!  So I don't fry food...ever!!  It grosses me out, not that I'm against eating fried food, I actually love it but only when someone else is cooking it. I thought this would be quick and easy, it wasn't, it was messy and time consuming.  But apparently we did all love the chicken in the end. We all ate way more than we should have.  However this recipe will not be making the cut to be stashed away in my recipe box for a future dinner.

Dinner:  Fried chicken (I ate double potion of the hated chicken),  mac & cheese, & steamed broccoli
Dessert:  2 handfuls of chocolate chips

1 comment:

  1. Frying foods = coming home to the smell of oil for days and days....I agree: best left to the professionals!

    ReplyDelete