Thursday, March 7, 2013

Sneaking Brownies: Day 7

Hi all, if you get my blog through email you should totally click here "Am I Full Yet", it's a much better format and you can leave some comments!  Going forward I'll put this link on each post.

This my 7th day blogging on what I eat.  I think my experiment is working. If you guys saw what I was eating last week....I think your jaw would have dropped.  The most difficult thing is to be honest about EVERYTHING I eat....like the finger fulls of frosting the other night.  But being honest with you makes me be honest with myself and own up to my actions.  So thank you for reading!  On the same note...I confess that I totally ate another brownie before heading to bed last night (LOL).  I think I'm going to try to stick to indulging myself on the weekends...not during the week, less days = less damage!

After reviewing my week's food, I realize I eat most things in a tortilla.  This may not be strange to friends and family in Texas but around here mexican food is not a staple in most people's diets.  Once when there was a ton of snow on the ground and I didn't want to get out, I asked a neighbor if she had a small can of green chillies in her pantry that I could have for a recipe.  Ha...she didn't even know what I was talking about!

Breakfast:  Coffee light & sweet, a spinach cheese omelet in a whole wheat tortilla with hot sauce.

We ran out of wheat tortillas and I had one of my husbands white ones instead.  He thinks the wheat ones are too sweet tasting.
Lunch:  Baby swiss cheese, 3 slices of deli ham, spinach, chick peas, slathered in honey mustard dressing, wrapped in a tortilla.

I popped into a health food store to grab a few things today.  While there I  treated myself to a coconut water.  It really does quench my thirst!  It is ridiculously over priced but I'd rather spend the extra $.50 than give into a Dr. Pepper.

Thursday's are always eat out at the Texas Road House or 'left overs' night because of our crazy schedule. I totally prefer steak over soup but I can't always have it my way!

Dinner:  Cabbage soup with boiled egg



Dessert:  A brownie with milk (the brownies have officially all been eaten...thank goodness!)

 I was thinking about making the brownies again but using apple sauce instead of oil. I've done this with muffins before...not sure it would work on brownies but maybe it is worth a try. Do you have a yummy dessert recipe that's not too unhealthy you'd like to pass along to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment