Monday, March 25, 2013

Heavy Food: Day 25

Today my husband and oldest son went to the city for the day.  I was totally planning to treat myself to breakfast or lunch but for some reason, it just didn't work out.  Instead of going out for breakfast after dropping the boys at the train at 7:30am, I remembered I had a bagel left at home from the weekend.
Breakfast:  Everything bagel, egg, cheese, and ketchup with coffee

I ran errands after breakfast until about 2pm.  I had skipped lunch which wasn't good because I had stopped to buy Easter basket fillers and of course I opened the candy!  By the time I made it home I was starving and ate a big plate of leftover spaghetti, it was more turkey meat and sauce than noodles.
Snacks:  3 handfuls of starburst jelly beans, and 1 handful of reese candy eggs
Lunch:  Spaghetti leftovers (turkey meat, kalamata olives, marinara sauce)

 The other night I had soaked some black beans and yesterday I cooked them and put them in the fridge.Before picking up the boys from the train around 5:30 I whipped together a quick dinner of black bean soup.    I only ate about a ladle and a half of it because my belly felt like lead.  The bean soup was a new recipe, I think it is a keeper.  Click here if you want the simple recipe 'Bean Soup' .I added chili powder and garlic powder.  I really ate some heavy foods today...feeling kind of yucky!  Planning to have salad as one of my meals tomorrow to make up for the heaviness of today.
Dinner:  Black bean soup topped with a little cheese, sour cream, cilantro, and purple onion.







No comments:

Post a Comment