Thursday, March 14, 2013

Pot Pie Delight: Day 14

Today was a rough day, needless to say there was lots of snacking!  Both first and second breakfast were delicious.  I had a yummy garden harvest muffin while cooking up my eggs.
Breakfast:  yummy muffin. Coffee, 2 corn tortillas with eggs, spinach, cheese and salsa.
It took me until Thursday to realize I did not plan well for lunches this week. My goal had been to roast a chicken on Sunday and have it for lunches throughout the week....I finally got around to roasting the chicken today! So glad I have been able to dig out leftovers over the past week for lunch.

Lunch:  The cabbage soup from last week with some roasted chicken added
Snacks, Snacks, Snacks:  A corn tortilla with peanut butter, a brownie, a Dunkin Doughnuts iced coffee (I had asked for 1 sugar...I got 4!), the last brownie, another garden muffin, and a cheese stick and 1/2 banana (no pics).




I tried another recipe from "Dinner A Love Story" Chicken Pot Pie.  It turned out great!  It was so good that my family ate the entire pie!  This was a very simple recipe.  Well it's simple if you already have the chicken cooked.  The recipe suggests using rotisserie chicken from the grocery store.  I think that's a great idea if you have some left over.  Other wise I roasted a chicken today which is pretty simple and had chicken for this recipe and will be able to use the rest for another dinner soon.
Dinner:  Salad tossed with lite honey mustard dressing and a large piece of chicken pot pie
I'll post the recipe this weekend when I'm not so exhausted!






No comments:

Post a Comment