Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Snack-attack: Day 26

The days are getting longer!  Which is good, I forget how much I love being outside in the late evenings of Spring and Summer.  However, my oldest kid is on Spring Break, which means I have no break throughout the day.  My husband and I had them bathed, dressed for bed, and already fed by 5:30.  Then we patiently waited as the sun slowly....slowly went down, if it's not dusk, it's not bed time to my boys.  We stayed home all day which is out of the ordinary for us.  We played outside and went for a walk but were close to the house.  Also at my house all day was easter candy.....well I gradually took care of that problem!
Breakfast:  Coffee and a bowl of Cheerios

Since we did hang around all day I decided it would be good to go ahead and cook the two whole chickens that I frantically bought at the grocery store, once I realized I'd lost my list.  One I boiled on the stove (will use the stock sometime this week).  The other I roasted in the oven with some carrots.  It's amazing how easy it is to cook a whole chicken.  I don't know why this amazes me...but it does and I'm glad I do it.  I kept my word from yesterday and stuck to eating a salad for lunch.
Lunch:  Spring mix, red onion, roasted chicken, a pieces of swiss cheese, tossed with light honey mustard dressing

Over indulging is a danger I face when I stay home and/or have easy access sugar around. Hence the line of snacks
Snacks: cup of grapes, handful of bunnies, 3 handfuls of Reeses (husband ate the rest), 2 handfuls of jelly beans, and half an apple!





Dinner was strange.  I didn't feel like making rice or making chicken noodle soup so I pulled out that stuffing package left from Thanksgiving again (it's gone now).  Dinner:  Turkey stuffing, roasted chicken, carrots, and broccoli







No comments:

Post a Comment