Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Cabbage Soup: Day 6

My Day started at 5am due to a happy toddler never going back to sleep syndrome by 1:30 I felt like it was 10pm... It's been a long day!

Wednesdays are tricky for me it's easier for me to stay close to my oldest sons school than go home just like Tuesdays. I try to meet a friend for coffee or breakfast. It didn't workout with anyone's schedule today, so me and my toddler went out for breakfast together.

 A cup of cinnamon check cereal
Breakfast: As you will see the restaurant was my second breakfast.  Have I mentioned how much I like breakfast food!!  Note what you see in the pancake picture; I only ate half...well I ate all of the bacon but half of the pancake and eggs.
4 pieces of bacon, 2 scrabbled eggs, 2 pancakes & Coffee










Since I gorged myself at breakfast and was super full, I skipped lunch and just ate a few snacks.

Snacks: A piece of baby swiss cheese, carrots, & a banana


When my husband has eaten a huge plate of chicken wings, a big steak, or we've been to visit family in Texas; he always says we should go on a cabbage soup diet for a month.  The famous 'Cabbage Soup Diet', brings back memories of sporadic times in the 80's probably around the New Year when my mom would go on this diet.  Ultimately putting the whole family on it!  Needless to say these are not fond memories.  But I have come to appreciate cabbage's versatility, it can be used in so many was in meals.  I will never go on the cabbage soup diet but I will make it once or twice a year.  It's not horrible and you can add almost anything to it.

Dinner:  Cabbage soup made with the broth from the chick I cooked on Saturday, carrots and celery (wish I would have put a green vegetable with it).  I added a boiled egg, soy sauce, & hot sauce.  Yum!



Ok, I have a sweet tooth!  When I bought groceries for the week I had loaded up on fruit, aiming to eat it for dessert. I just can't get myself to do it.  I think once it gets warmer outside I will be more inclined to eat a bowl of strawberries.  However this week I have been really craving the chocolate and unlike most,  I'm not scared to whip out some brownies from scratch to fulfill my chocolate void!   I didn't have butter so I googled 'simple brownies without butter' and seriously these are some of the best brownies I've eaten with the exception of my sisters who puts Symphony bars in hers.  I was able to make these in 25min.

Dessert:  Homemade brownie with a glass of milk.




1 comment: