Sunday, March 10, 2013

Preparing: Day 10

I love Sundays especially sunny Sundays!  It was beautiful outside today.  There is nothing I love more than sitting in my rocking chair near our bay window, soaking up the morning sun while drinking coffee.  I had a little pep in my step today and actually got a good night's worth of sleep so I woke and made waffles.  If you don't have a waffle iron or you do and it's dusty....use it!  Waffle's are so easy to make and sooo yummy!  

Breakfast:  Delicious coffee with wheat/almond waffles drizzeled in local maple syrup.

I feel like I've been eating non-cooked food for lunch the past couple of weeks.  I totally was craving something more substantial today.  Of course I still stuck with the Mexican theme....really before this blog I didn't realize how much my food was Mexican or should I say TX-Mex.






Lunch:  Whole grain nachos covered with black bean mixture of onions, garlic, and spices.  Topped with cilantro, cheese, and sour cream.  After lunch dessert; non-fat chocolate pudding with whip cream.  I don't usually add whip cream but when I was cleaning out my fridge last week I found it.  It was left over from Thanksgiving....the date says it was still good...and man it is!!  What a treat!


I learned many moons ago from a great friend that the best way to get dinner on the table, the most economical and stress-free way is to prepare for the week.  She was right.  I know I have saved a ton of money and time doing this over the years! I make a grocery list for the week.  I lay out 6-7 dinners and buy all of the ingredients the day I go grocery shopping.  I plan lunches a bit but it is more about the dinners.  As you know we pretty much just throw something on a tortilla and call it lunch in my house.  Here is this weeks menu, there is no order to it, I chose that morning of what I will cook.  I always have at least one quick meal for a crazy day. This weeks easy meals are sausage and leftovers.

Tonight was our fish night.  I've realized since I started blogging that carbs are taking up the largest portion of my plate.  I'm going to try and work on this, challenge myself this week to make sure the veggie portions are larger.
Dinner:  Salmon (cooked the way I always do), veggie pasta, and sautéed asparagus in garlic. Water with an orange.
Dessert: 2 handfuls of chocolate chips




No comments:

Post a Comment