Monday, April 1, 2013

April: Day 32

I can't believe I have been blogging for a whole month. I'm going to keep going. After 31 days of snapping pics of my food, I really feel that I have learned a lot about myself.  Just to list a few: I eat a ton of tortillas, eggs, and coffee, I eat out a lot more than I thought, I treat myself very frequently with sweets, I eat healthier than I thought and having accountability pushes me to take the pictures, be honest, and makes me actually sit down and do something at the end of the day...even if it is ranting on about my day, family, and the food I eat.  Oh...yeah and I'm losing weight!
Thank you to those who are reading!

April is my favorite month out of the year.  I celebrate my birthday and Earth day on the same day and Spring starts coming on in full effect. There is nothing like sunshine and blooming flowers to lift the spirit!  My little guy and I enjoyed a yummy breakfast together.
Breakfast:  Egg and cheese on chabatta bread and coffee

I wasn't planning on eating lunch; I was still full from breakfast but my toddler decided not to eat his lunch so I did.  I should have just wrapped it up.  My goal for this week starting tomorrow will be not to eat off of the boys plates!
Lunch:  Peanut butter and blueberry preserves on a whole wheat tortilla with a few grapes
For dinner I made my famous (to my boys) chicken noodle soup.  All of my boys love it!  I used the chicken broth from last weeks chickens that I bought in a frantic at the store.  I also made beer bread.  This is not the healthiest but it is super easy and very tasty.  If there is ever a pot luck in the fall or winter months I love to bring beer bread, it is always a hit.

Beer Bread Recipe: 
3 cups of flour
3 teaspoons of baking powder
1/4 cup of sugar
1 (12oz) beer
1/4 cup of melted butter
Preheat oven to 375, sift flour, mix dry ingredients, add beer.  Geese a bread pan, plop it in and poor the butter on top.  Cook for 1 hour.


Dinner: Chicken noodle soup with a slice of beer bread
Dessert/snacks:  ~ 6 handfuls of jelly beans (I'm throwing the rest out tonight...it's getting ridiculous!)












No comments:

Post a Comment