Monday, January 20, 2014

Day 8: The Treat

It's a holiday so we are all home and still not on schedule for the week.  I indulged in making a large breakfast.

Breakfast: Coffee, 3 Turkey bacon, Fried egg, 3 Biscuits (half whole wheat)  I added some jelly to the Biscuits.

We ate breakfast late and a late lunch. I kept lunch light.

Lunch: Whole wheat flat bread, Hummus, Provolone cheese, Spinach, Tomato, and Onion








Today for some reason I was on edge.  Maybe it was the long weekend and the frigid weather.  But I needed some time by myself.  I treated myslef to a yummy latte.  This doesn't happen often; so I enjoyed every sip and every silent moment I had to read a book at a coffee shop!

I made my boys a smoothie in late afternoon.  I do this often.  My youngest doesn't like to eat veggies.  The smoothies are full of spinach! They call it 'slalad' and drink it up! I love them myself.  So yummy and quick.

Snack: Frozen banana, Frozen mixed berries, Peanut butter, Honey, Spinach, Plain non-fat yogurt, and milk







Leaving the coffee shop today I twisted my ankle stepping off a curb!  About two weeks ago I had fallen on our stairs and was just about recovered from that fall.  Who does that!  Seriously I haven't injured myself, that I can remember in 15 or more years. I was hoping to incorporate going to the gym along with trying to eat healthier.  Hopefully not far into February I will be able to get some exercise in.  Because of my fall, I didn't feel like standing in the kitchen to cook dinner, and my husband was too exhausted to do it.  Hence the Subway Sandwich.

Dinner: Turkey breast, spinach, olives, cumbers and light mayo on whole wheat bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment