Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Day 3: Lentils Fill the Belly



For some reason I couldn't get to sleep last night. I think I finally dozed off at 1am! I wasn't in the mood to cook so breakfast was lacking in nutrition. I really love cereal especially for a late night snack. But it really has to be the worst way to start a day and end a day. However, I still am guilty of eating it and serving it to my family. It ends up on my grocery list almost every week. It's too easy and convenient to avoid!
Breakfast: Cup of joe and a bowl of Autumn Wheat cereal


I had to go to the grocery store today to get something. The grocery store is always dangerous for me. Its my routine to grab a doughnut or muffin to keep my kid happy and of course one for myself.  Today I held back a bit.  I didn't get a picture of it but I did eat two bites out of my kids doughnut.  But I ended up eating a granola bar instead of my own fatty treat.

I was really hungry again today so I fueled up early with snacks and decided to make myself a hefty lunch before 11:30am!

Snacks: Honey almond flax granola bar, Hummus and Pretzels







Lunch:  A huge portion of leftover lentils with tomato and leftover Kaibasa sausage.

My lack of sleep forced me to get a coffee mid-day.  Probably a poor choice.  I hope it doesn't keep me up all night.  It did however do the trick!
Even though my lunch was big I still snacked a bit.  Why are those kids fruit chew things so good, and why are there only like five in a package!

Afternoon Snacks: Coffee, Cheese stick, and fruit snack



I tried a new recipe today.  I'm not a big casserole fan, well not a big fan of making them but I do love to eat them.  Most casseroles are unhealthy having lots of canned cream of whatever soup in them but I grabbed this recipe off  Cookinglight.com and I think it is a family favorite now! Click here for the recipe Tuna casserole.

Dinner: Tuna casserole; wheat egg noodles, carrots, peas, corn, onion, and tuna

Water:  I drank 35oz of water today

Late Night Snack: Air popped popcorn with a little salt









No comments:

Post a Comment