Thursday, January 16, 2014

Day 4: Empty Pantry & Fridge



It's Thursday, which means my pantry and fridge are looking pretty bare.  Two reason for this; one we are on a tight budget and two I've been really working on not hording processed or leftover foods.  My grocery shopping day is on Friday.

Breakfast:  Oat Meal, Banana, and Honey,  a touch of Butter and Milk, Delicious coffee

I really love my oatmeal covered in brown sugar, I held back today and just added about a tablespoon of honey.  (all because I have an audience!)

They say oatmeal fills the belly.  I've never really felt that way.  Today was different.  I think my body is getting used to the smaller portions I've been eating.  If I would have chronicled my eating a week ago, each day probably would have had twice as many pictures and all of the food on bigger plates.

Lunch: Whole wheat flat bread, Hummus, Onion, Spinach, Cheese and a side of Carrots

Snacks: Fruit chews, Wheat Thins, and a bit of Pineapple

I'm guilty of not taking a picture of the actual crackers I'm eating and just giving you a number.  The reason being, I just know I'm going to go back for more, so why take a pic.  I'll try to actually put a serving size on a plate in the future.
Crackers are dangerous!




Dinner:  Tortellini, Asparagus, and Ham topped with Parmesan cheese.

Everyone liked this dinner.  I usually don't add the ham which was a hit.  My toddler even gobbled some up!



Late Night Snack:  Pretzels and Hummus






My husband and I are on the last season of Dexter. Up until this week of documenting my food; we would sit from 8pm-11pm stuffing our faces with snacks and watching it! Seriously we need to mix things up a bit!



No comments:

Post a Comment