Saturday, January 25, 2014

Day 13: Weekend Cravings

It's Saturday and my husband got up with the kids so I could sleep in.  Yippee! Usually I cook a big breakfast on the weekends but the boys had already eaten so I just ate a piece of fruit and then nibbled on the leftover cornbread from the other night.

Breakfast:  Coffee, Banana, Cornbread







We ate lunch late.  I used some of the leftover turkey meat from the meat balls to through together some burritos.  I spiced up the lunch by making guacamole and adding some cilantro to the burritos.  It was nice to have something taste so fresh in the winter!

Lunch:  1 Turkey burrito, Weight Watchers cheese, Sour cream, and Cilantro.  With a side of chips and guacamole












We got out in the snow today I think we got 6 or 8 inches today.  It felt nice to run around and be outside and play with my oldest son.  I am dreaming of Spring though!  I didn't feel like cooking up something big.  I always have chicken strips or chicken nuggets in the freezer for this reason.  They aren't healthy but they cook quick and the boys are sure to eat them.  I did whip up some hummus though.  I  haven't done this in a while.  Glad I did.  I now have a jar full in the fridge and two in the freezer.

Dinner: 2 and half Chicken strips, Carrots, Hummus, and Lima beans



Hummus Recipe
-1lb of dry beans (soaked and cooked) or 3 cans rinsed
-1/2 cup of olive oil
-1 cup of Tahini (you can use natural peanut butter too)
-1 TB of salt
-1teaspoon of cumin
-3/4 cup of lemon juice


 I haven't snacked much the last couple of days but it caught up with me today.  I apologize for not having portion pictures.  I just kept going back for more!  Ugh!

Snacks: Wheat Thins, Gram Crackers, and my famous brownies with milk!  ( I will share the recipe another time )










No comments:

Post a Comment