Monday, April 8, 2013

It's Monday: Day 39

I think Spring has finally arrived in the Hudson Valley.  It was an amazingly beautiful day.  I was able to take a 2 hour walk and enjoy the sun and the birds.  But then of course I had to stop for ice cream! Now that it is warm, I don't have to find places to eat in the morning after I drop off my son at school; I'll just go for hikes or walks.  So excited!


Breakfast:  Whole wheat tortilla, scrambled eggs and salsa with coffee

I bought the frozen chicken patties for my husband again.  I'm not the biggest fan, but I didn't feel like a salad today.
Lunch:  Chicken patty, lettuce, light mayo, on wheat bread with a side of ketchup

Snack:  I had four gram crackers (they are so addictive!) and a almond joy kiddi ice cream.  Also 2 handfuls of chocolate chips

I made a yummy dinner.  Coconut rice is what made it so great.  Coconut rice is something that they we would eat in Suriname when we were in Peace Corps.  It was a special occasion dish.
Dinner: Coconut rice with carrots and green beans and boneless skinless chicken thighs in a peanut sauce




No comments:

Post a Comment